Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Invitation cont'd


At the core of who I am, lies longing yet to be satisfied by anyone or anything found on this side of eternity. Encompassed by desire burns a flame, spirit. It burns for one thing, Christ alone. This illumination isn't the point, more simply an invitation into the depths of His love. Past striving, past morality, through a door framed by holiness, humility, suffering and grace. As far as I can see there seems to be no end, the invitation having no limits as far as depth is concerned, endless. "You can go as far as you want to." In this place, rationalization is striving, while the eb and flow of giving and receiving of His love are the only currency needed for the journey. Knowledge is Christ. Faith is how I reach out and touch the invisible.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said.

    "Now faith is the substance [underlying reality which causes the outward manifestation] of things hoped for and the evidence [solid proof] of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

    ReplyDelete